Friday, December 02, 2005

another memorable encounter with Dr harden

today was my dr appt with dr harden. in case you are unfamiliar with some of my previous encounters with him, here are the highlights:

1. i went to him back in april 2003 cause i didn't have insurance when i was in the middle of my breakdown to get on some antidepressants. so i tell him that i am sad, i can't sleep, i get anxious when i have to go home (middlesex), i have been crying for weeks, etc. i tell him the whole story, he says, let me get this straight, this guy, doesn't want to be with you, and he wants to date other people? i say yes, he says, uhm, you just need to get over him. no shit, thanks doc.. after that he gave me some ambien for sleeping, paxil for anti depressant/anti anxiety and 600mg ibuprofen for my crying induced headaches. you'd think he gets paid by the amount of prescriptions he writes.

2. the following year i went for my checkup, he comes in and tells me that i have reached a milestone. the 100 lbs overweight milestone. he says that is considered to be grossly, morbidly obese. he says, i'll give you this sheet we give parents that have children that are obese. then he says, i don't think anyone reads it though. then he says, alright, don't gain any more weight...

3. in that same visit, i asked him to write me a prescription for my birth control. he goes off on a tangent about prenatal vitamins and how prenatal vtamins can prevent all kinds of birth defects. so i take that prescription to eckerds to be filled (for sarah, since she is so intent on having a baby out of wedlock) along with my birth control and the pharmacy calls me to ask me if i am pregnant and still taking my BC pills.

so this time, he looks at my file, and says, well, your body mass index is the same, that's good. you're not gaining weight. someday we'd like to see that weight go down. would you consider surgery? wtf.. no i won't consider surgery. jesus.

after the dr's, dad and i stopped at king davids and got gyro salads. soooo good. of course i was sitting out here on the couch in the tv room and i spilled it all over my laptop. right in the keyboard and on the screen. nice!

cathy is doing well. she showered today and walks around a little, and still can manage to hobble out to the porch to "check the mail". she keeps wanting to show me her scars.. no thanks. if she does manage to show me i will take a picture for the blog.

its really snowing here. wet snow. grrrr.

so i finally called back this guy from eharmony on my way home last night, we'll call him J. he lives in andover. i think i might meet up with him next week. he seems interesting enough. he is from long island. thankfully i had him to talk to so i didn't fall asleep. we talked for a few hours i'd say.

tomorrow i am going to movie and dinner with shannon, pete and bill. i am really looking forward to that. i think i'm going to bring my camera.

alright kids, ta-ta..