Tuesday, February 14, 2006

my latest run in with strangers on the internet...

in an effort to thwart self pity on this joyous holiday, i put an ad on CL looking for someone else in my same situation to spend tonight with... i have had a flurry of responses... this guy takes the cake though..


reply #1...

"hello I am a fun person with a spice for life and a heart of gold I want to be happy is that much to ask for I am a simple man with a simple plan! I seek a lover and a friend! my soul mate. my partner in crime. my buttercup, my flower, my dreams come true! you! for I am fun romantic wild and I seek love romance and a soul mate are you the one to sweep my heart away? poem for you Today tomorrow or when ever . I want to say I love you I want to say I care I want to hold you close and think of you when you are not there, I want to dream about you, I want to call your name, I want to make you happy, I want to pick your brain, I want to see you smile want to see you laugh I want to hear your foot steps, I want to kiss your lips, if you exist then speak to me softly give me a little giggle and brush me with a kiss, hold me tight on this night I wrote this just for you! so lets not waste any more time lets meet until we fall, in love in fate in memories of you, I write to you on this night I hope you write me to! I wish to see your photograph I wish to talk to you. till then till now I hope we connect soon,
Tony
that was for you from my heart I have not wrote a poem in so so long I should have wrote you a love song....till then please send me your pick and sorry about my spelling."




i have blacked out his eyes to protect the innocent... :) okay, first thing, i posted a picture in my ad. so clearly this was cut and pasted from a note to someone else. his spelling is atrocious. and i hate poems.. but he does LOVE me......

reply #2...

"did you like my poam ? I liked your add I am 6'2 tall I am 38 I think you are so cute! do you have anymore photos?"
tony
38? too old... and no, i don't like your "poam".

my first reply...

"uhm, i think poems are kind of personal things, like art work.. and i kind of think that the email you sent was copied and pasted from a mail to someone else.. you asked for my pic a couple times, and i posted it in the ad.....???

i feel that it is disingenuine... "
that will teach him to copy and paste crappy poems meant for someone else..

his reply #3...

"I am a nice guy that poem is from my heart I would like to talk to you and get to know you better that’s no crime! you spark my interests and you made me smile when I saw your add I did white the poem but it comes from me to you can I have a chance please. lets just try what do we have to loose?"

i don't understand his urgency and immediacy.. is he in a contest or something?

his reply #4...

"here is one for you please give me a chance ?I want you! to want me! your photo went strait to my heart and right to my brain! you entrge me! you made me smile! your lips look soft lets talk for a wile! your eyes are like star light you hair so sweet I bet you are romantic from your head to your feet! fly away with me to a lovers land, come come hold my hand, we can walk on clouds! we can run trough the sand, we can just sit by a nice blowing fan, the moon is out can you see it is up high in the pretty god made sky? you and me we could go climb a tree, we can eat fruit or just play a flute, sing love songs whisper in each others ear, spend a moment in time or remove all your tears! why be lonely why be sad, lets be happy for all the time we could have! lets just meet and just say hello, can we just try who will ever know? we might like each other from the very start. we might just touch each others, hearts. till then till now, till twilight, till sunset till dawn, till you and till me, till forever we may be.
TONY PS THIS IS MY ART I HOPE YOU LIKE!"
now he's quoting song lyrics. something tells me english is not his first language. probably not even his second.. and wtf does "entrge" mean???

his reply #5...

"THIS IS ALSO THE ART I DO I MAKE WORK BENCHES FOR ARTIST FOR WOOD WORKERS FOR ALL I CREATE AND IT IS SO COOL,,,,,, WHAT TYPE OF ART DO YOU DO? DRAW OR PAINT? PEOPLE OR SEENS? I HOPE WE CAN TALK I AM A NICE GUT JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE, TONY
FROM MEDFORD"





now he's using all caps!! and i'm sure he's a nice GUT, but just not for me. and he loses more points for including a pic of a dog. i hate dogs too. :)


i hope he write me again....