Wednesday, October 18, 2006

drawing ava

so i am back from figure drawing.. it was cool, the guy that runs it seems really nice, he made a point to talk to me.. i'm def going back next week.

i talked to a married guy there name momo. like "hot-su-momo" hahahhahaha.. does anyone get that one? he just moved to syracuse around the same time i did. he moved from st louis. i was pretty amazed to see so many people using pencils or colored pencils. wtf. why bother, pencil drawing takes waaaaaay too long in my opinion.. a lot of people left before he end of the night. tsk tsk.. there was one guy there that really impressed me. he worked in pastels, i aspire to work in pastels someday. i have never done it before. :) i forgot how taxing drawing is. you wouldn't think it was, but my body is cracking like crazy! and its sore from standing still for 3 hours.

another thing i forgot was how messy drawing with charcoal makes my hands... but it feels so great to get so messy!!


and this is after i washed them! shiiiiiiiit

i have uploaded the three longer poses to my art blog.

i think the crisis has passed, so i can write about it.. something happened earlier this week and it affected my oct 28th weekend. i was almost not able to go to boston that weekend. but... the coast looks clear. say a prayer it stays that way. i am so committed to my halloween costume that i would be heartbroken if i couldn't go.