Monday, July 10, 2006

what another great weekend in MA*

this past friday i travelled to MA/NH for my friend LMs wedding. my old coworker JK went with me. we had a great time. the wedding took place at a castle and was very pretty. one of the most memorable things about the wedding was the buffet. there were 2 types of non meat items and 4 types of meat/fish. i ate the red meat and it melted in my mouth. (except for the piece mikey P stole off my plate). as you can imagine, i drank too much and paid for it the next day. :) the hotel we slept in had sleep number beds. very interesting, kind of like water beds.



saturday i struggled through lunch with the pattersons and jim, then i went to LK's and hung out with her and HEK until HEK had to leave for the dave matthews concert at fenway park. saturday night we had a girl dinner.. then we went to the skellig. who knew how much fun can be had with a belt.



too bad it appears the kissing bandit is on strike. :( no tongue punching. :)



tomorrow is the first meeting of beer club that i am able to attend. i'm going with my cousin and her husband, rumor has it that there won't be a wine tour this year, but a brewery tour. i am hoping for the wine tour. i'll report back after tomorrow.

i think i am going to bed. i am damned tired and i'm freezing, i'm going to pull a trick from my time in somerville and take a hot shower before retiring. plus i smell like chlorine. shiiiiiiiit.

*sad sad news to report, i left my black pillowcase in the hotel room this weekend. it wasn't just any pillowcase. i've had that pillowcase since my freshmen year of college. you know when you go out and buy a set of "extra long" twin sheets. my whole bedset was black and white striped, with black pillowcases. my pillow cases have always been a source of comfort, like a security blanket if you will. :( one of the most relaxing things i can do it run the edges of the pillow case in between my fingers and underneath my fingernails. i still do this on a nightly basis. :( i almost feel like it would be worth it to call the hotel and see if they could send it to me.