Thursday, January 25, 2007

all the reasons i love snow.

before i start my list, i saw catch and release tonight. it was good. the only thing that i didn't like was the main guys white white teeth. they were distractingly white. kevin smith made the movie. he's a pretty great actor, and i like that his "friend" character got the girl.

okay, here are the reasons i can think of right now...

there's the way it crunches and squeaks under my boots and car wheels.

there's trying to figure out what type of animals are running through the yard.

there's the way some mornings you can literally just blow the snow off your car windows. that's called a "dusting".

i love it because its usually snow that makes the djs on the radio read off minutes and minutes worth of schools names. even though i don't go to school anymore, the first time i heard "ted and amy" read through the long listing i held my breath when they got to the Fs. hearing all the school closings gives me that magical nostalgic feeling.

then there's the way it sparkles, that's my absolute favorite. it sparkles like my sisters hair.

please don't let me get so old that i hear myself saying "i hate snow" and "i hate winter". hate's such a negative word.