Tuesday, August 08, 2006

beer club august

so tonight was my second beer club meeting. peg was supposed to meet me there but i didn't see her. tsk tsk... and no phone call. :)

i was forced to meet new people. not on my own accord though, a group of guys (cause its all guys) that come from norwich offered me a seat at their table. they were nice...the best part though was "ruby begonia-guy" was there. i saw him down by the bar after the meeting and talked to him cause i had a few beers in me at that point. he remembered me, and he also remembered my friend he called the "pissed off looking whore". omg. i had totally forgotten that. i told him she was visiting this weekend so he'd better lay low. :) hahaha. he actually apologized.



in any case, the brewclub meeting was fun. i think i am definitely going to go to the sept 16th saranac brewery tour and ommefest. mail me a check for $35 if you want to join me.

tonights brewing topic was specialty grains, there was a handout and the guy passed around grains (malt) for everyone to taste, smell and learn about. i realized i LOVE the taste of malt, the lighter malts especially. i could totally pick out the taste of malt in a beer now. :)

alright, i gotta hit the hay. good luck these next couple of days b*ll, you'll be fine and better than new on friday.