Sunday, August 27, 2006

hmmm. maybe sprint is not so bad...

completely unsatisfied with my phone, i went to the mall today with cath in tow to check out new phones. because i am not a new user i would have to pay $200 for the phone i want. :( not good. so the very helpful girl at the counter talks to my mom and i for about an hour to hatch a plan.

i found out the following things.
1. i pay about $70 a month for 700 anytime minutes of which last month i used 116. and that is a pretty typical usage.
2. i am eligible for a 16% discount on my monthly bill from sprint just for being employed with my company.
3. cath is eligible for a 15% discount with them for being a gov't employee (working for a school district)
4. she gave me a new battery (free of charge) because i told her how unhappy i was with my current LG phone not holding a charge anymore.
5. if my parents add me to their plan for $10 a month and i share their 800 minutes (of which they use a combined 67 a month typically) i would be considered a new subscription, be eligible for a $150 credit towards a new phone and i could get a new local number.

i can get the phone i want, change my number, keep my old phone for one more year because the contract... and i could split the bill with cath and we'd both save. what a win-win situation... plus i have a new battery for my old crappy phone. i am soooo excited!

we got back from the NC yesterday at about 9pm.. we left NC at 7am. that is a 14 hour drive for the mathematically challenged. grrr. not something i want to do again anytime soon. 14 hours is too long a time in the car.

that phat house that HEK sent me one time with the hot tub in the backyard went down to 159,900 from 164,900...

i was delighted to find that there are 6 new episodes of ali g on HBO demand. that is the damned funniest show ever. cath and i were crying and couldn't breath we were laughing so hard watching it.

i need to frame all my stuff tonight.