Friday, March 23, 2007

who needs a GPS system...

... when they have such geographically intelligent parents as i do? Not me!!! i picked up EHs bridesmaid dress today from the boutique that i have been to a couple of times. i didn't print off directions like i usually do, and thought to myself, eh.. i can wing it.. good thing i called cath to confirm i was headed the right way. i'd be in oswego by now looking for the great northern mall exit off of 481... phew... she was able to guide me to the correct highway and the correct turns i needed to make to get there. so i learned something today that i will hopefully retain... the christmas tree store is off of 81...

i really need to spend sometime looking at a map if i am going to make syracuse my home..

the sore throat i had earlier this week has dissipated, and seems to have been replaced with a constant runny nose. bastard allergies!! i refuse to admit i have a cold, so i'm sticking to allergies.

tonight i am going to a mary kay party at a friends house. i'm really going for the wine, cause as you know i don't wear makeup... but i do love vino!!

tomorrow cath is having some old friends over for a card night. i'm kind of looking forward to that. i always remember as a kid the ladies playing cards and it seemed like they were having so much fun as my sisters and i listened from the other room and planned what we would pack in our suitcases for when we were going to run away.. speaking of running away, its a wonder i didn't really run away as a kid. i remember thinking a lot about it... actually, i had a lot of plans of action as a kid. such as, what i would do when an intruder broke into the house and would come up to my doorless bedroom looking to abduct me (when i wasn't sleeping in the crack between my bed and the wall, i had a butter knife, because it would hurt more when i fought back, tucked under my pillow)... and for a long time i remember sleeping with a pillowcase full of my most valuable possessions right next to my bed so that i could grab it at a moments notice when the house burned down. i remember i planned to run and run and run when i was inevitably going to be stopped by a stranger in a car with no license plates (had to be no license plates i told myself) looking to abduct me from my 10 minute walk home from the busstop.

geez, i'm surprised i am not afraid of my shadow as an adult. maybe cause i thought past the fear and took charge and formulated a plan in my head...

i don't know where this post is going. i'm sick, cut me some slack.