Monday, January 09, 2006

my latest adventures on craigslist..

i have been pursuing a morning walking partner via craigslist... i have had a handful of responses so far. my post states that i am looking for a male or female that is preferably in the 'ville. really that is it.

this is the kind of thing i have been getting back.

"i walk 10 to 15 miles a day.. would you like to join... i live in boston. i could call if you would like"
- holy crap, does this guy work?

"Normally I work 7:30 -3:30 but sometimes that changes to an hour later."
- i can't understand why she has a hard time finding the time to walk....

this next one takes the cake...

[him] "somerville is not that far would you care to chat? Normal guy here"

the "normal guy here" should have been my first clue. "normal" people don't have to advertise that.. all his correspondence was one line, and didn't copy what i wrote back to me, leading me to believe he was on a cell phone. we set up a time to meet tonight. i sent him directions to the place to meet that i found online. apparently the directions weren't directly from his house so he needed them from newton. jesus christ.. then he just wanted the address so he could put it in his GPS in his car. that was my first clue that he was older.. then he asked me my age, then he told me his. 52. when i don't respond instantly i get emails like this...

[him] "is that aproblem??", and "so you still interested in meeting??"

does that really matter when we are walking for 2.5-3 miles? then he wants to trade pictures. so i send him a link to my website. then he asks how tall i am ... none of which should matter. then he send his pic. he looks like maury povich.. i don't respond. about 2.7 minutes later i start getting emails like this...

[him] "I guess you changed your mind"

so i respond with,

[me] "i didn't change my mind, i am working, but this is becoming too much trouble then its worth, what do i care how old you are, or what you look like, we were going walking for 1 hour tops... i didn't think i needed to go through this gamut of questions. forget it."

to which he replies...

[him] "never mind sorry to have bothered you"

in total he wrote to me 26 times between 12:30 and 3:30. why are people so f'd up???