Sunday, March 26, 2006

so.. i think i have stomach ulcers...

or maybe some other affliction that makes my insides bleed and me vomit up blood.

in just about the last 10 times i've drunk alcohol i've thrown up in the middle of the night. its not even due to my level of intoxication. its because an hour or so after i lay down i start to feel like my stomach has turned into an aquarium, and there are millions of air bubble that start to make their way out of my body. this causes me to burp, and then gag/cough leading to really coughing, which turns into eventual puking. its so not pleasant. and lately its usually 3-4 pints worth of dark purple liquid mixed with the contents of what had been in my stomach. friday night though, after 3-4 outpourings of dark purple matter, there was a really red one... i used to think that it wasn't really blood and that it was red wine or something else that i had eaten that was red. but i have not drank red wine in months..

the thing that is throwing me off if the ulcer path though is i am not experiencing any pain in my stomach. i am under the impression that ulcers are painful. so maybe its my esophagus that is afflicted... :( i'm calling the dr on monday. might as well take advantage of my health insurance.

last night was the surprise going away party for katie. it was truly a surprise. i am so glad it worked out. we took her out to dinner and ended up waiting for 1+ hours at the cheesecake factory to just turn around and leave so we would make it to the surprise in time. then there was the biggest turnout of work colleagues ever. great times... KT got up on stage at the burren and sang with the band to sweet caroline.. it was very humorous!

today i was strong armed into joining a fantasy baseball league. it was the kind where you have a live auction draft. it was fun. there are 10 of us in the league, it took us 7 hours. but it was fun, and its a really great group of people. i had no strategy what so ever. i hope that it pays off. :) lol.

i just heard that UCONN was knocked out, so i am totally screwed in the pool i'm in.

tonight is sopranos. i am crossing my fingers that it gets better.