Saturday, November 11, 2006

am i in the wrong?

where i work, there are people of all ages.... and the younger people seem to hang out outside of work, pretty often. i've never been invited to hang out with them. how do i know they are hanging out, you ask, i have a coworker who is invited to hang out or go to parties 3 times a week it seems, and he lets me know that these events are going on... i'd like to think i am unintentionally not invited... but the people that seem to be hanging out makes me think of the 'popular' clique in high school, and insecurity sets in, and the negative tapes start to play over and over in my mind...

when i don't go anywhere on the weekends it amplifies my feelings of aloneness. for example, this weekend, i'm in town and have nothing to do... i get word that there is a work gathering going on at a bar downtown. my invitation never comes, not from the coordinators, not from the coworker that is apparently in the 'cool club'. i get the feeling that my coworker is not going to go, he has plans, plus i feel awkward asking if i can go... but how come he's not extending an invitation to me? who likes to be knowingly excluded? i ended up getting wine and tried to make cath go with me to mulligans, when she refused i settled for countless episodes of the 'dog whisperer' and 'da ali g show', putting this non-invitation behind me.

this morning said coworker tells me he went afterall. hurt and jealousy wash over me. is he intentionally trying to hurt my feelings by rubbing it in my face that i was excluded? i am starting to feel rather resentful of said coworker, and the 'popular' kids.

i haven't felt this much like i don't have any friends since the first few months i moved to boston. i know "things take time", but i am a rather impatient person. does anyone have any ideas to share with me about meeting someone(anyone) that likes to be spontaneous and do things and go places? i wish LK would move to syracuse. :)

i'm feeling like i need to start seeing a therapist again.