Monday, May 01, 2006

so productive this weekend

i accomplished quite a few things this weekend.

i had another "dinner" possibly 2 "dinners". one was in the oh-so far amesbury. it is a cute little town though, HEK, you and your boys should check it out. its right next to portsmouth. then on saturday the second one was at grasshopper. yummmmm. the hot and sour soup was so hot my nose was running and my mouth was en fuego.. i took a bunch of pictures of boston from my desired vantage points. my intention is to get one nice enough to blow up and frame... i saw the david hockney exhibit at the mfa. holy crap how could i have not heard of this guy before? i see what KT said when she said his stuff and my stuff was similar. i was pretty enthralled by his stuff. his concentration was portraits, so of course i loved it!

i also saw "inside man". it was pretty good. not so much for the story, mostly for the clive owen. i think he has become my new celebrity crush... out with colin farrell, in with clive owen.

after the movie we went to cold stone creamery for ice cream. has anyone else been there? it's out of this world amazing.. they take a base of whatever flavor ice cream you want, then they mix in whatever you want with scoopers right in front of you on the counter... i had oatmeal cookie dough ice cream mixed with fresh banana, caramel and almonds. omg. so worth the drive down to the landmark center... :) the really good news is there is one across from the target i will be working at in fayetteville. :)

sunday i spent a majority of the day packing. i can't tell you what joy packing brings me. i think its because i love the orderly-ness of boxes. when i pack a bunch of shit in boxes and arrange them neatly next to each other, and stack them, etc, it gives me a rush! i also love tie-wrapping things. tie-wraps were the best invention ever!! i also throw a lot of stuff out when i pack, which is like my 2nd favorite thing to do. i threw out all my homemade video tapes, a crappy vegetable steamer/rice cooker, a cracked george foreman grill, some old shoes and the crappy fondue set i stole from KT at the yankee swap this year. well. i donated it all, i didn't "throw it away". i'm going to bring my 'real' video tapes to work and try to sell them for a dollar a piece. next i need to contemplate getting rid of all my cds. EBH says she wants them, but that just the same as moving them again.. which is what i am trying to avoid. i haven't opened up any of my cds in 2 apartments now. i barely have a cd player. oh, the dilemmas...

tomorrow night some of us are going to play trivia. i think i might go every tuesday from now till i leave. i love trivia... i'll need to find some trivia enthusiasts in the 'cuse.

wednesday i take the first leg of the driving marathon to the interview in e. syracuse. at least i will be able to catch up on all the shows cath has been dvr'ing for me..and i can get my laundry done.

friday is sure to be a foggy night... i better charge my cameras battery so i can remember what happens... it's lk's last day of work, which means another party on friday from 4-6. then its peps party... hee hee.. i'm getting so excited!