Wednesday, April 09, 2008

holy deliciousness..

i don't know what is compulsing me to post so much, i apologize... but i just read through 87 comments on GFGs post about avocados. these recipes/uses made my mouth water... i'm asking friendly's tonight if they have avocados.. otherwise i am going to have to stop at P&C on my way home.

-cold avocado soup! heavenly goodness, what silken texture. saute some onions till golden. blend with avocados and a splash of buttermilk and broth until excellent consistency is achieved. Season with cilantro, chili, or wherever your imagination takes you... Garnish with a swirl of yogurt, diced ripe tomatoes or prawns... sky's the limit.

-One of my favorite restaurants over here takes a half of avocado, adds some diced tomatoes, tops it with some fresh mozzerella, and then warms it just slightly so that the cheese melts juuuuuuust a little bit, and then tops with balsamic vinegar.

-I adore avocado on pizza. I make my pizza with pesto, stir fried red peppers and sweet onions, toasted pinenuts, sliced avocado, mozzarella and sometimes a bit of artichoke heart. OH SO GOOD!