Tuesday, July 03, 2007

wooo woooo pull ovah!!



ugh. tonight has just not been my night. i spoke to wfischer about the party tomorrow and he seemed to be extremely picky about what type of ingredients are going to go in the mojitos that i have volunteered to buy the fixings for. so i thought, hmm. i better take this rasberry rum i bought at lunch time back to the liquor store and get the "light rum" wfischer keeps going on about... so i'm off to the store.. i remember that i haven't called back my friend OC and she hasn't responded to my email... so i ring her up. well, i'm waiting at a stop sign for the car coming the other way and it turns out to be a cop.. i immediately hang up the phone, but its too late, the cop does a u-turn and pulls me over.

he takes my out of state license, my registration and insurance card and goes back to his truck. [i took a couple pictures while i waited. :)] he came back and told me he wasn't giving me a ticket for my out of state license, but he did give me a ticket for talking on the phone. he also asked me about the rum i had in the back seat, and why i don't use a hands free device. i told him, i have a bluetooth, but everyone complains that they can't hear me when i use it. i showed it to him and he was like, "that's a good one, what is that like a hundred dollars? who says it doesn't sound good?" then he went on for another 5 minutes or so saying that he had a few bluetooths that he didn't like, and he took them back each time and i should do the same. then he was like, do you know where you need to go to pay this? and he pointed over to the dewitt police station. it got a little weird i was starting to feel like, is he going to ask me for my number? he didn't though.

so, that crisis was over. i start to curse wfischer.. then i arrive at the liquor store, i go in, wait in line, present my receipt and my quandry, and the woman looks at me like i am speaking another language. after about a minute of just looking blankly at the receipt she asks the young guy next to her if anyone was in the store that could "do a return". then its his turn to look at me like i have 3 heads. he says, its NYS law that you can't return or exchange liquor. i've had it at that point, i grab the bottle and receipt from the staring lady and leave. i've had enough of new york state law for the day!

so. the lessons i learned this evening... 1. never use your cell phone, only email. 2. when you move to another state.. you have 30 days to get a new license, when you move next door, you have 10 days to get a new license. 3. rasberry rum is going to cost me about $100 more than light rum and wfischer is going to drink it and like it.